Wednesday, August 26, 2009

assignment 1 music 373

My name is Samantha Byers and I am a junior and just transferred to NIU this semester. Music has always played a huge role in my life and I can definitely say that it is one of my true loves! I participated in choir from 5th grade until my senior year and sang soprano. I very much enjoyed being able to sing every day while I was in school and even outside of choir music has been very important to me. I listen to music everywhere that I go and always have my ipod on me to listen to no matter what I am doing. I love all kinds of music, but my favorite is classic rock ! :) Music has always been an outlet for me emotionally and creatively. Not a day goes by where I do not use music to set the tone for my day and I have valued it my whole life. I believe children benefit immensly from musical activities because it provides them with a creative outlet different from what they are used to. I feel that musical activities encourage children to express themselves and gain confidence while learning and I feel that is very important in a curriculum, especially at a young age. Children benefit directly from musical activities in that they are learning and having fun at the same time and it always keeps them focused and active in their learning!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sam,
    Welcome to MUSC373. It's so good to know that music is an important part of your life. Hope you'll enjoy the class this semester.
    Have a good semester,
    jc

    ReplyDelete